Tuesday, April 03, 2007

March Prayer Letter

Hi! This month I would like to tell you about two students that I have been working closely with.

This is Hanna. (I have mentioned her in two previous prayer letters.)
Hanna and I met at SpeakOut last summer. We have been getting together several times a month since September and have formed a very close friendship. Last week, Hanna told me that she has recently prayed to receive Christ! Praise God!

This is Meli. Meli became a Christian last year and has been regularly attending Fék programs and retreats. She joined our girls Bible study this fall and has really been growing in her faith.
Meli and I have been meeting regularly for the past several weeks. We have begun doing initiative evangelism and accountability together. She will be applying to join the SpeakOut staff this summer!

Please pray for these girls. Hanna is very excited about her new relationship with God and is eager to learn. Meli is very excited to share her faith with people and grow in her walk. I have started doing a Bible study with these girls individually and we continue to meet regularly. I know that these girls are two reasons that the Lord brought me to Hungary and am so honored and blessed to have them in my life and to be a part of theirs.

Battle of the Bands!!

On Friday, March 16, we will have a huge outreach at our Fék weekly meeting. Student bands from all over the city have signed up to compete in this annual amateur music competition. We on the Fék staff have been going into classrooms every day to promote the event. A group of American Campus Crusade staff and students are coming the second week of March to help us advertise. We will collectively speak in nearly 20 different schools throughout Budapest. Last year we had over 700 in attendance and are hoping for even more this year!

Prayer...

Please pray for Meli, Hanna, and all of the other students that I am meeting with individually. Pray that I would be faithful to the Lord’s calling and have a servant’s heart when it comes to serving these girls.
Please pray for our “Blitz” week, as we spend our days in classrooms. This is a very busy and tiring time and I would ask you to pray for strength and endurance.
Pray for Battle of the Bands. An American Christian Band is coming to play at the event and one of the band members will be sharing the gospel. Pray that the hundreds of students would be open to what they’re hearing and that we would see many souls won to Christ!

Thank you very, very much for all your encouragement and support! All my love, Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home