Sunday, January 07, 2007

November Prayer Letter

Hi everyone! I would like to first thank you for all of your prayers and support. I have been going through a major struggle and spiritual battle and the amount of encouragement and support has been wonderful. I have received so many letters, phone calls, and emails. It uplifts me so much knowing that you all are thinking of me and praying for me.

UPDATE

Right now, the ministry is going extremely well and we are getting ready to wrap up our first semester. Our last Student Leadership meeting will be December 5, and our last Friday night meeting will be December 8. Both nights will have a Christmas Party. Our Student Leadership party will be an intimate time of sharing and fellowship. Our Friday night Christmas Party will be a large outreach. We will go into the schools all day, every day like we did in October, for the first week of December to advertise for the party. Hopefully, we will get a large turn out, as the students will have the opportunity to hear the gospel.
Since Mid-October, we have had solid, standard work weeks. My days consist of occassional classroom talks and meeting with students in the afternoons. I spend every day after 1 pm in evangelism. I have met some interesting students and learned a lot about what is important to Hungarian young people. If I don’t have any appointments set up, my colleagues and I will go out with surveys to do initiative evangelism. This has been one of the hardest things I have had to do, but God is teaching me a lot about my boldness with the gospel in accordance with His will.
Please pray for the last four weeks of our semester. December 14th is our last work day, followed by two weeks of vacation. I am planning to do some travelling, as well as have my family visit for Christmas!
The month of January is a slower time for the ministry, as we will not be having our Friday night, Student Leadership, or staff meetings. We will still be meeting with students as they are available and everything else will start up again in February.

PRAYER

Thank you again for all of your prayer and support throughout this extremely difficult time in my life. I am adjusting slowly to being in Hungary and being involved with this job, but the Lord is using me and teaching me in incredible ways. I am not sure what the Lord has planned for me in the future, but for now I will stay focused on and committed to the fact that I am here through this school year. I will remain faithful and obedient to His calling and pray that He will show me incredible things through my time here. As for now, my depression has lifted and I seem to be much happier lately J
Please, please continue to pray for me. I am always in need of God’s guidance and your encouragement. Pray for a daily and consistent time in the word, as this is a big struggle for me, as well as for my being bold in sharing the gospel and meeting and talking with students. I am also praying for friends right now. I am asking the Lord to provide me with some solid Christ-centered friendships. Being with fun people also makes the time go by a little bit easier J
Continue to pray for the girls I am meeting with, especially Hanna (pictured above). I can see the Lord working through her and I pray that she would accept Christ very soon! Pray for community among our team and especially in our apartment, and please keep Zach and Julie, our team leaders, and Dan and Kelly, our directors, in your prayers as they are all in new positions this year and are still adjusting to that.
Thank you all again so much for everything you do for me as a support team. I couldn’t be doing any of this without you, and for that I am eternally greatful!

All my love,
Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home