Monday, October 30, 2006

I wanted to share a story with you.
Last Thursday, my roommate and I were out doing some initiative evangelism in the city. We went to a park nearby called Deak. We walked around to the fountain part of the park and found these two girls. They had just sat down and looked like they were really going to get into a conversation, but we beat them to it :)
Usually, what I do is ask if they speak English; if they do, I tell them that I am working with a Christian organization and we're interested in getting the opinions of students on life and faith and could I take a few minutes of their time to fill out a survey. So one of the girls was very eager when she heard I was a Christian, and the other girl couldn't really have cared less. But I got through the first five questions, which are somewhat generic, and then Ashley had to leave. I got back to the girls and the next question I asked was, "What do you think happens after death?" The one interested girl, Sini, started crying and basically told me that she's been thinking about this every day for the past month and just today she decided that there must be something after death. I asked her what she had decided. She said she didn't know, but that there had to be something bigger than her out there. Something watching out for her. So I asked if she believed in God. She told me that she didn't know what to believe in, but that she was searching, searching. I said, "Well, can I share with you what I believe about God and what happens to us after we die?" She went, "Yes! Please!" So I shared the gospel with her and she was tracking with me the whole time. She was crying through some of it and just seemed to be really affected by what I was saying. I showed her the prayer in a tract I had and she said this maybe expressed the desire of her heart, but she didn't want to pray it right there. So I encouraged her to go home and read through the whole booklet and to really think about it and that this would be the most important decision she would ever make in her life. I said maybe it wasn't an accident that we met each other that day. She started crying again when I said that and just went, "yes, yes". I left her my email address and thanked them for taking time to talk to me. Then I told Sini that I hoped she found what she was looking for and I left.
I looked back after I had walked for a while and I saw her hugging her friend, just crying. It was a really moving sight and I stopped right there and prayed and praised the Lord for what He had just done. I hope this girl realizes that Christ is what she's looking for.

Please pray for Sini. Pray that she will come to the Lord if she hasn't already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home