Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hey All!

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the prayers that I know have been in my name in the past two days. I know they're happening because I am seeing the results. I am obviously still struggling with my role here, but God has done an amazing job of placing encouraging, supportive, and challenging people in my life recently. Thank you to those of you that have sent a reassuring email lately. Those were exactly what I needed to see. God is teaching me lots of things right now and I am doing my best to not only figure out what he has for me, but also to just be obedient. So, thank you and please keep it up!

Second, I wanted to tell you all about the day I had! This morning, my roommates and I traveled to Bratislava, Slovakia in order to apply for our residence visas. One of the Hungarian staff members is helping us through this process, so he drove us and spent the day with us abroad. We left around 6:30 am and arrived in Bratislava around 9 am. The Hungarian Embassy was just opening and we spent the next two hours filling out papers for our application. Once we were finished, we were told that the director of the office would be back at 3 clock and we could have our passports returned then. We took this 4+ hour lapse as an opportunity to explore this beautiful city. We ended up taking a historical walking tour, having a nice long european lunch, and of course, we did some shopping. Bratislava is pretty small, and our afternoon was the perfect amount of time to see the sights. Please, please look at the pictures I put on Webshots:

http://community.webshots.com/user/ldmathews

In case you don't have time to check out all the pictures, you have to at least see the adorable salt and pepper shaker set I bought today!


Isn't that the best?! I was also able to buy some gifts for birthdays I know are coming up. The little shop we found was so great.

Please also pray that the rest of the visa application process goes as smoothly as it did today. If all goes well, we should have the final stamps in the next week or two.

So thank you again and please know that I am also praying for all of you and am so greatful to my team of supporters :)

With love, Lauren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home