Monday, January 15, 2007

January Prayer Letter

DECEMBER
December was a great month. We had our annual Christmas party with the Friday night outreach on the 8th. Csaba, one of the University staff members, shared the gospel with the whole group. We passed out cards and asked for the students’ responses. Over 150 students attended the party and several indicated that they had made a decision for Christ! We staff members will be following up with those students this semester. It was a great night and big step for the ministry.

In December I had the opportunity to travel to Italy! My roommate, Kirstin, and I traveled to Florence and Tuscany for one week. It was an amazing trip and a beautiful country.




This is a picture of me and Kirstin chowing down on Italy's famous gelato. I'm eating Walnut and Kirstin has pistaccio. Let me tell you that those things were gone in a flash. Italy sure knows how to do it!

This is a picture of me in front of the Ponte Vecchio in Florence :)


On the 24th, my family flew into Budapest! We got to spend a week together here and it was wonderful to spend time with them and share with them where I’ve been living :)

JANUARY

In January, we are spending a lot of time going to schools to meet with teachers and telling them about the FÉK Program. We are planning a lot of speaking engagements and hope to meet a lot of new students.

Another thing that we are telling teachers is that in the spring, FÉK (Fiatalok az Élet Küszobén, Youth on the Threshold of Life) will hold a teachers’ symposium. This will be an event for teachers to learn about the FÉK program and all the opportunities to have members of our team come and speak to their students, both in English and Hungarian. All of the teachers we are meeting in the next few weeks will get an invitation to attend this symposium, Please pray that we would be diligent in visiting as many schools as possible in January and that hundreds of teachers would be able to attend this event and learn more about FÉK.

On January 27, the FÉK program will hold a guy/girl day at our area office. This is a seminar day for Christian high school and college students. It will be called “The Color of Relationships”. Here they will participate in small and large group discussions, hear from a panel and talks about what the Bible says about relationships. This will be a great way for young Christians to learn about what the Lord intended when he created the relationship between a man and a woman. Please pray that many of the students we have been working with will be able to attend and that we can present a fun and informative day for them.

PRAYER AND UPDATE

- I have been praying for several months about how long the Lord would have me stay here. I do not feel Him leading me to participate in a third SpeakOut camp this summer, and therefore, I have decided to stay only through the end of the school semester and return to the States in mid May. This is a very big decision and I would ask that you please pray that the Lord continues to honor this choice that I have made.
- Please continue to pray for my health. I am having regular trouble sleeping and this is definitely affecting me. I feel weak and tired most of the time. Please pray that I can get medications all worked out and start feeling 100% again soon.
- Thank you for all the encouragement and support so far, and I ask that you would continue to pray for my spiritual strength. Ask the Lord to keep himself present for me. I feel a little weary thinking about starting a new semester, but I know the Lord will enable me through the next four months and when I return home.

Thank you for everything. All my love, Lauren

(Check out my webshots for more pictures - www.community.webshots.com/ldmathews )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home